Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Milk-Tea

Last Friday I picked Zhiqi up outside of the front of the BLUU after my class let out at 2 PM. We had not been able to see each other for a long time, but last time we met she talked about wanting to treat me to milk-tea. We drove over to New Asia, an asian restaurant off Berry St, and sat down and ordered. It was a small place but it was clean and the lady at the counter was welcoming. 
The milk-tea came and even though the name pretty much tells what it is I honestly did not believe that I would be receiving milk mixed with tea, but that is what was put on the table in front of me. It was not bad though. It was just different and it made me like tea a little more since I do not like tea by itself at all. The thing that is strange about the milk-tea though is there are these dumpling balls at the bottom of it. They do not have any taste, but they are chewy and slimy in a way that my mouth did not agree with. I tried to keep my straw from going down to the bottom of the glass in order to avoid sipping up many of these unfamiliar spheres. 
We talked more about Spring Break and how she went to Canada. She said that she could never live in weather that cold, but as we continued talking about the remaining years of college she said she may transfer to Syracuse for college. I just laughed and informed her that it may not be the right place weather-wise, because it has been named “worst weather” in the United States, with many ice and snow storms. That freaked her out to a certain degree but I reassured her that it was a great school and if she attended there she would definitely be equipped with the right wardrobe to keep her warm.
We talked some of summer and how it is going to be so weird leaving TCU for three months. We both have created families and a home here and not having that for an extended period of time is going to be strange. However, neither of us complained about actual summer vacation or having no homework. It will just be a big change in atmosphere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment